20 - What do Scientists do Day-to-Day? (w/ Amber Miller, Heather Giebink, and Tom Henderson!)
20. What do Scientists do Day-to-Day? (w/ Amber Miller, Heather Giebink, and Tom Henderson!)
To be a Nobel Laureate is one of the greatest honors that can be given. What does this prize represent? Where are the Prizes origins? Why are there fewer prizes in economics than other prizes? What are the complications with the Nobel Prize in today’s society? Was Alfred Nobel the last great Alfred? Let’s learn to be scientifically conversational.
General Learning Concepts
1) What is your current occupation?
2) What did you see yourself doing when your career first started?
3) Would you call yourself a scientist today? Do you have scientific training / a degree?
4) How do you contribute to the scientific community?
5) Is your career open to new scientists? What kind of training do they need for it now?
6) Do you have any further advice to give?